If you or a loved one struggle with anxiety, stress, isolation, or depression, you’re not alone. While one in five people will experience mental illness during their lifetime, everyone faces challenges in life that can be stressful and overwhelming. It’s important to know that mental health conditions are common and treatable. When you or a covered dependent needs help, Medica has a variety of resources.
Resource #1: Medica Behavioral HealthSM
Medica Behavioral Health* staff can connect you with a counselor (either an in-person or virtual visit) in times of stress, anxiety, or crisis. Call 1 (800) 848-8327 (TTY: 711) anytime. Your call is free and confidential.
You can also search for a provider online.
- Visit Medica.com/FindCare. Select your plan and click on Start here under Behavioral health.
- Narrow your selection by provider name, location, specialty, treatment option, ethnicity, gender, virtual visit, or Express Access options.
- If you need care soon, you can select the Express Access Provider filter to find a provider who offers routine appointments within five business days.
- If an in-person visit is not accessible or convenient, you can choose a virtual visit.** Select the Virtual Visit (online therapy) filter in your provider search results. To schedule online, create an account (HealthSafe ID). Enter your Medica member ID number during registration.
Resource #2: Live and Work Well
Get support, information, and behavioral health care through Live and Work Well.
- Explore care options to find the right support and benefits available to you
- Get tools, information, and resources on stress, depression, family concerns, financial fitness, parenting, and much more
Visit LiveAndWorkWell.com and enter access code MEDICA to explore your benefits.
* Optum Behavioral Health manages the Medica Behavioral Health program.
** Virtual behavioral health visits are covered as a behavioral health office visit under your plan.
Resource #3: Sanvello
Ease symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression with the Sanvello mobile app. From coping tools to meditations to Guided Journeys, you’ll get help to manage your moods and thoughts so you can understand what works for you to feel better. You and your covered dependents (ages 13 and up) have access to the app’s premium version at no additional cost.
- Download the Sanvello app on your device
- Create your account
- Select Upgrade via insurance and search for “Medica” to enter details from your Medica ID card
Resource #4: My Health Rewards by Medica®
Reducing Stress Journeys
Complete a Journey and get on the path to better health! Sign in to your My Health Rewards account, go to the Health tab and choose Journeys to get started.
Don’t have a My Health Rewards account yet? Get started at Medica.com/MHC today.