Poetry Out Loud
Grades: 9th - 12th
Poetry Out Loud is a national arts education program that encourages the study of great poetry by offering free educational materials and a dynamic recitation competition to high schools across the country. This program helps students master public speaking skills, build self-confidence, and learn about literary history and contemporary life. Poetry Out Loud is a partnership of the National Endowment for the Arts, Poetry Foundation, the Minnesota State Arts Board and SCSC.
- Schools should register program participation by Dec. 11th and complete local competition by Feb. 1st
- Regional competitions will be held the first three weeks in February.
- State competition to be held the last week of February.
- National competition in Washington, D.C. in late April.
Poetry Out Loud Info Webinar
- Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 3:30 pm
- Virtual via Zoom
- RSVP to the webinar
If you’d prefer to have an in-person meeting, contact Mary Hillman at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information & to register visit www.mnscsc.org
Questions contact Mary Hillman at email@example.com