Resource Training & Solutions' 18th Annual Young Authors Young Artists Conference Unleashes Imagination at the College of Saint Benedict.
Resource Training & Solutions proudly hosted its 18th annual Young Authors Young Artists (YAYA) student conference, held at the College of Saint Benedict from May 17th to 19th. The picturesque college campus became a bustling hub for 752 students hailing from across central Minnesota, who eagerly embraced a captivating three-day experience.
Students were provided the opportunity to ignite their imagination and unleash their creativity through an engaging array of meticulously curated learning sessions. Catering to the diverse interests of third- through sixth-grade students, the conference featured an impressive selection of session topics.
Participants chose four sessions from a wide spectrum of possibilities, spanning from writing, illustration, music, performing arts, public speaking, origami, and much more. Esteemed experts and seasoned professionals guided the students through each session, ensuring a captivating and enlightening experience for all.
Some of the noteworthy session topics included:
- Let’s Draw a Character: An interactive workshop led by writer and artist, Jim Fletcher.
- Music Therapy, Ukulele, and Me!: A harmonious exploration led by Laurel Mikkelson from the St. Cloud School of Music.
- How to Draw a Fun Cartoon Character: A whimsical journey guided by Gary Harbo, author, and illustrator of captivating children's books.
- Making Minnesota: The Creators’ Perspective: A fascinating insight into the world of picture book illustration and authorship, presented by David Feister and Patricia Bauer.
- Design-A-Saurus Create Your Dinosaur Character: A thrilling opportunity to unleash one's creativity through dinosaur character design, under the guidance of illustrator, Scott Roffs.
- Writing is Magical!: A spellbinding session led by author, Abby Cooper, inspiring students to delve into the enchanting world of writing.
- And much more!
Throughout the eventful day, the vibrant campus buzzed with excitement as students and dedicated volunteers tirelessly pursued their creative endeavors. Encouraged to document their journey, both their work and the event itself, students and volunteers enthusiastically captured captivating moments and uploaded them to the immersive YAYA Virtual Gallery.
To relive the cherished memories and witness the impressive creations brought to life during the YAYA Conference, we invite you to explore the captivating photos captured throughout the event.
For more information about the Young Authors Young Artists student conference contact Kelsey Harps, Education Manager.
This story was featured in volume 2 of our newsletter, The Central Connection. Click the link below to see what else was inside!