Remote Learning Resources
Through the collaboration of our educational networks, the Central Lakes Regional Centers of Excellence team, and the staff at Resource Training & Solutions we have begun to build a list of remote learning resources that teachers, parents, and families can use with their children for daily learning and practice. As your central Minnesota service cooperative, we are here for you during these uncertain times.
Please continue to check back to this page as we will be frequently updating the list of resources! If you have educational resources that you would like to share please email them to Kaelan Nelson, Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
- MDE School Guidance
- School Responses to COVID 19 - EL/Immigrant Considerations
- District Template Guide for Distance Learning
- Distance Learning Plan Template
Remote Learning Best Practices & Modes of Delivery:
Remote Learning Benefits & Key Findings:
Using Remote Learning Effectively:
- Constructivist Approach in Distance Learning
- Roles of Student and Teacher
- Conducting Distance Learning Effectively - Teacher and Student
6 Pillars of Distance Learning:
Schedules to Help Teachers & Families Transition to Remote Learning
- Special Education Resources MDE
- COVID-19 and Education of Students with Disabilities
- How to Explain a Global Health Crisis to Children With Autism
Resources for Educators:
Reading & Writing
- Read to Me International - Tips on how to read to children with recommended reading lists by topic
- Reading Tip Sheets for Parents - available in 13 languages
- International Children’s Digital Library - Free access to ebooks in multiple languages
- ABCya -Reading and Math games for children in PreK-Grade 6
- ABCMouse - Full online curriculum for children ages 2- 8 years old. Access Code: AOFLUNICEF
- Unite for Literacy - eBooks that are read in multiple languages
- Oxford Owl- eBook library for children ages 3-11
- Really Great Reading – Teaching tool designed to help students learn to read and spell high-frequency words.
- Really Great Reading – Printable PDF’s that focus on passage reading and high-frequency word fluency.
- Really Great Reading – Letter tile free play for distance learning.
- Journal Buddies – Thousands of free writing prompts.
- MN Library - Gives Minnesota residents access to magazine, journal, newspaper and encyclopedia articles, media, including images, videos, and audio files, and other information resources.
- eBooks MN - Online eBooks collection for all Minnesotans
- Khan Academy- Free math support
- IXL - Free classroom accounts can be set up
- ST Math: PreK-8 visual instructional math program.
- Dreambox Learning - Adaptive online math program for students K-8.
- Woot Math - A remote learning tool for all ages.
- Games For Young Minds – Math games for young children.
Other Content Areas
- Academic Standards COVID-19 Resources
- NewsELA -Content Area - Available free
- BrainPop - Available free
- Discovery Education - Math, science,social studies and SEL
- Virtual Field Trips
- Virtual National Park Tours
- PBS Learning Media - free videos,interactives, lesson plans
- MobyMax - free internet learning software
- Building Relationships with Online Students -This was developed for college students, but there are connections to be made
- 105 Tools for Distance Learning and Strategies for Student Engagement
- eLearning Industry – 321 free tools for teachers
- Amazing Educational Resources – Thousands of free remote learning resources.
- CORWIN – Online Teaching Toolkit
- How to survive your hurried switch to online delivery webinar.
- Resources & Tips for Remote Education During School Closures
- Education Companies Offering Free Subscriptions
- Free Educational Resources for Distance Learning
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Resources for Schools and Families
- Virtual Field Trips
- More Virtual Field Trips
- Google Classroom
- Seesaw- Remote Learning with SeeSaw guide
- Remote Learning with Flipgrid - Short, video based discussions on classroom topics
- Screencastify - create short video lessons using this screen video recorder. Works as a Google Chrome extension
- Loom -another free video sharing platform
- Google Hangouts Meet
- Really Great Reading - Webinars & Virtual Professional Development
- OTIS for educators: Virtual Professional Development
Resources for Parents:
Guidance for working with Multilingual Learners
- Online Resources for teaching EL Students
- English Learner Family Engagement during the Coronavirus
- Colorin' Colorado
- ASL and English Resources: Talking to Kids about Coronavirus
- MDE Using Distance Learning for English Learner Programming
- English Writing Checker
- SEL Resources During Covid-19
- Resisting the Pandemic of Prejudice
- The Trevor Project
- Crisis Text Line
- Speaking Up Against Racism and the Coronavirus
- Teaching Through Coronavirus
- Kid Friendly Resources About Coronavirus
- Social Story – Printable Guide on How to Speak to Young Children About COVID-19
- Child Mind Institute – How to Talk to Kids About COVID-19
- Care for Coronavirus Anxiety
- Lean into SEL
- SEL and Self-care Resources
- Resources For Families
- Extending Social Emotional Learning into the Home
Remote learning resources provided by the Association of Educational Services Agencies (AESA) and Microsoft.
- Getting Started: Microsoft Teams for EDU Quick Start Guide
- IT/Leader: Get started with Microsoft Teams for Remote Learning
- Educator/Student: Remote teaching and learning in Office 365 Education
- Training/Tips: Teams EDU Remote Learning Webinars | MEC: Getting Started with Online Learning in Office 365
- Parent/Guardian: Remote learning with Office 365: Guidance for parents and guardians
- Educator Examples: Microsoft Teams for EDU Scenarios (Flipgrid): K12 | Higher Education
- Blog: How schools can ramp up remote learning programs quickly with Microsoft Teams
- Collection: Remote Learning Wakelet (collection of Microsoft resources for Remote Learning)
For regional support, visit our Region 7 Regional Support Team web page.