Region 7 Regional Support Team
Resource Training & Solutions Regional Support Team
In the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in your school building, learning plan concerns, or other school-related COVID-19 concerns please contact the regional support coordinator for the primary county your school is located in.
Chisago, Isanti, Meeker, Sherburne, and Wright County
Benton, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Pine, and Stearns County
Regional Support Teams
The Regional Support Teams are a partnership between local public health officials, MDE, MDH, and regional service cooperatives to support school districts and charter schools in navigating the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the 2020-21 school year.
Beginning August 24, 2020, school districts and charter schools will work with Regional Support Teams to consult regarding implementation and ongoing evaluation of their learning model.
Regional Support Teams are structured in a way that allows efficient communication from the school and district level to the state level in the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 in a school building.
Teams are made up of rapid response staff, health consultants, and testing event planners.
State lead to direct and oversee the response to districts and schools:
- Coordination across state supports and regional service cooperatives.
- Works with State Testing Workgroup, oversees school testing event team.
- 3-4 school testing staff who help execute events when local communities need support.
Leads from regional service cooperatives (9):
- Main point of contact for school districts and charter schools in the region.
- Shares updates and information between school districts/charter schools and local public health officials, MDH, MDE and other state partners.
- Supports schools in completing contact tracing surveys.
- Facilitates connections with local public health officials, MDH, MDE, and other state partners as needed.
- MDH epidemiologists, assigned by region and paired with regional service cooperatives and local public health officials.
- Connect with regional supports to help respond to health and epidemiology questions.
- Supports state reporting and trends on COVID-19 and implications for schools.
- Supports local and state health officials in tracking cases, testing events, and school closures.