Objectives for Bloodborne Pathogens Update
Participant will be required to have a pair of disposable gloves on hand to demonstrate proper use of gloves.
Following the training, the participant will be able to:
- Define bloodborne pathogens.
- Identify the bloodborne pathogens of primary
- List the ways bloodborne pathogens can enter a person
- Describe the importance of personal protective equipment (PPE) and hand washing in reducing the risk of bloodborne pathogens
- Identify work practices that help eliminate or reduce the risk of
- Learn how to remove disposable gloves
- List procedures to follow if exposure occurs.
Understanding NEAR Science Presentation - Neurobiology, Epigenetics, ACEs & Resilience research - FamilyWise Services (Linsey McMurrin & Stacy Bender-Fayette)
- The goal of this presentation is to build a common language and understanding about NEAR Science as a starting point. All are welcome, and we encourage diverse cultural and identity groups to attend this presentation. Each of us hold wisdom to create healthier communities, and attendees are encouraged to think about how this information can be applied within their own family, work life, and community.
About the Presenter
Susie Winstrom is the owner of Specialized Health and Safety. She has over 25 years of experience teaching CPR, AED, OSHA required topics and First Aid training.
Linsey McMurrin, a citizen of the Leech Lake Nation of Ojibwe, strives to serve our communities in a culturally affirming way to promote truth-seeking, healing, and change. Linsey’s work focuses on understanding how we are impacted by our experiences and the experiences of those that have come before us, allowing us to build more authentic relationship and connection through healing-centered engagement.
Stacy Bender-Fayette - M.Ed, SEL Specialist, a Social Emotional Learning Specialist with Peacemaker Resources, has been in the field of education for 24 years. Most of her teaching experience has been focused on teacher professional development.