Annual Chemical Hygiene Officer Training
Tuesday, October 12, 2021
8 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
OSHA required update for Science and Chemistry departments.
Training will be offered in person. Please follow social distancing when attending in person.
The training will include:
- Review of the OSHA standard
- Review of the Chemical Hygiene Plan and its location
- Toxicity, hazards, routes of exposure, signs, symptoms, and health effects of chemicals
- Review of action levels, PELs, or other appropriate limits for each chemical
- Review SDS information available for each chemical (i.e. hazards, handling, storage, and disposal)
- Methods to detect the presences or release of hazardous chemicals (i.e. air monitoring, odors, and visual appearance)
- Good laboratory practice
- Control measures
- Emergency response actions
Box Lunch will be provided for in person attendees.