The conference is held each October and is targeted for students in grades 7-8
In addition to a dazzling keynote address, students are able to attend three different sessions, all science and nature related. These sessions are taught by experts in their field. This conference is designed to encourage students to experience, appreciate, and become stewards of the natural environment through presentation and hands-on learning. The five key components are:
- Knowledge: To gain a variety of experiences in and acquire a basic understanding of the environment.
- Awareness: To gain awareness and sensitivity to natural processes and issues concerning sustainability, preservation and conservation of the environment.
- Attitude: To acquire values and concerns for the environment and motivation for actively participate in environmental improvement and protection.
- Skills: To learn about the environment through hands-on participation
- Participation: To work towards solving and improving the environment both individually and as a community member.
Contact the Deb Thomes to learn more.