Catalyst: Supporting Whole Group Classroom Leadership Foundational Skills
Tuesday, August 29, 2023
9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday, July 28, 2023
This course is designed for Educational Support Staff. At the core of strong classroom management is how the adults manage themselves. In this customized course, specific to para educators and educational support staff, participants learn strategies (based on observations and field-testing in more than 50,000 classrooms) that allow them to strengthen relationships, increase equity, reduce frustration, and foster independence in the classroom.
In this course you will learn communicationstrategies that empower you to support the students in the classroomthat rely on you most.
Attendance in this course will allowyou to:
- be even more proactive and equitable in your practice,
- support the classroom teacher in managing individuals and the group,
-increase flexibility and reduce surprise,
- keep the focus on relationship instead of student behavior,
- support individuals while increasing independence.
- work collaborativelywith teachers to send a consistent message, and,
- know when to work independently, from the teacher while supporting the same goals.
Facilitator: This course is facilitated by the Catalyst team.
Date: August 29, 2023
Time: 9 am - 4 pm
Location: Resource Training & Solutions, Sartell
Full Member: $175
Associate Member: $234
Registration Deadline: July 28, 2023
Who should enroll? Educational Support Staff
CEUs: Teacher CEU; Administrator CEU
Relicensure Requirement: Positive Behavioral Intervention Strategies