Regional Centers of Excellence (RCE), Advocate
We’re searching for an Advocate to facilitate district and school improvement implementation. New advocates work with experienced advocates to ensure success in their support to districts and schools.
RCE staff participate in ongoing professional development regarding all RCE Core Competencies listed below. Therefore, it’s not expected that a new Advocate possess content knowledge and experience in all RCE Core Competencies.
Most important, equity is one of our core values and essential to our ultimate goals of closing student access, opportunity, and achievement gaps while raising achievement and graduation rates for all student groups.
Increasing diversity on our team will improve our team understanding, communication with, and support of districts and schools. Therefore, the Central Lakes Regional Center of Excellence welcomes candidates from historically marginalized and oppressed classes.
As part of the statewide Regional Centers of Excellence (RCE), Advocates build the capacity of districts, schools, and charters to engage in continuous improvement, to implement the World’s Best Workforce (WBWF) legislation and the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Resource Training & Solutions is considering candidates with school district or school level leadership experience and expertise in any one or more of the following areas:
- Equity Education
- Instructional Coaching
- Elementary, Secondary, or Alternative
- Building Principal, and or
- District (Traditional or Charter) leadership.
Our Central Lakes team offices in Sartell, yet RCE positions are home-based. Our high achieving team reside from Brainerd to Sauk Centre to Minneapolis/St. Paul. Mileage is reimbursed for our almost daily travel from home to districts and schools. Meals and lodging are reimbursed in accordance with the Commissioner’s Reimbursement Plan as are occasional overnight stays.
REC Core Competencies
- Engage educators in conversations and action planning to ensure high levels of learning for all students and staff without exception.
- Identify and eliminate structural and institutional barriers to educational opportunities resulting in improved conditions for teaching and learning.
- Support systems and educators in implementing and sustaining standards-based curriculum, instruction, assessment and multi-tiered systems of support.
- Support systems and educators in implementing and sustaining highly effective Professional Learning Communities.
- Maintain a professional coaching relationship with educators through active listening, reflective questioning and collaborative development of differentiated coaching plans.
- Engage in focused conversations with district and school leaders to build capacity for school turnaround and improvement that embeds timely and meaningful stakeholder engagement.
- Model the use of effective team facilitation processes and protocols.
- Design and provide professional development activities utilizing the principles of adult learning.
Evidence / Data
- Use evidence and data in system and educator improvement, including the use of MDE secure reports, multiple types of education data, and comprehensive needs assessment to support the continuous improvement process and ensure equitable distribution of resources.
- Assist systems and educators in identifying and implementing evidence based practices using the Active Implementation Framework.
REC Position Requirements
- Foster positive, productive, and collaborative relationships with Regional Centers of Excellence colleagues, districts,schools, charters, service cooperatives, and the Minnesota Department of Education.
- Collaborate with RCE colleagues through job shadowing and peer feedback experiences.
- Make appropriate and effective use of time,technology, and resources.
- Be required to travel from home/service cooperative office to perform the duties of the job, including potential overnight, statewide travel; travel costs are reimbursed.
- Complete all operational reports within a timely manner.
- This is a year-round, full-time position.
Required and Desired Education, Licensure, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Licensed educator
- Three or more years of classroom experience
- Advanced degree, Master’s or Doctorate in Educational Administration and Leadership
- Licensed Administrator
- Three or more years of district level experience
The current fiscal year Step 1 annual salary range for this TRA or PERA paid position is $81,691.63 – $99,691.63 depending upon teaching and leadership experience, licensure, and education level. Resource Training & Solutions will provide your TRA or PERA contribution and your service year credits will continue. Also, our Resource Training & Solutions benefits package is excellent!
- This position posting ends July 31, 2020
- Selected applicants will be called Tuesday, August 4th to schedule a ZOOM interview the week of August 10th, and
- Start date is negotiable.
This RCE Advocate opportunity will repost August 17th, 2020 in the event the position remains unfilled.
Email electronic copies of your letter of introduction, resume, education license,unofficial college transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com or mail hard copies via USPS to Resource Training & Solutions c/o Lowell Haagenson, 137 23rd Street South, Suite 201, Sartell, MN 56377.