Guardian & Conservator for Region 5 (Cass, Crow Wing, Wadena, Morrison and Todd Counties) - Full-Time
- Person centered care will be paramount in the delivery of services. Adherence to Minnesota’s Olmstead Plan and all subsequent revisions will ensure the individual is living, learning, working and enjoying life in the most integrated setting.
- Adhere to the Guardian/Conservator’s Code of Ethics.
- As guardian, carefully monitor the living situation of the person to determine place of abode and appropriateness of living arrangements.
- As conservator, you will carefully monitor and manage the individual’s finances to include real estate and homestead affairs, checking & savings accounts, as well as any investments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the services, providers, facilities and funding sources available in the community. Treat all professionals and service providers with respect and courtesy to enhance the working relationship between the provider, person and the guardian/conservator to provide the most benefit to the individual.
- A minimum of two face-to-face contacts with the person will be scheduled every 12 months. Face-to-face contacts will occur more frequently when a case is initially set up and during any transitional periods.
- Maintain proactive communication and engage in continuous process improvement efforts with the Resource Manager of Local Government Services and Clinical Supervisor.
- Provide clear documentation of each case and submit necessary monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Attend ongoing training, professional development offerings and staff meetings as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Person-Centered Approach
- Sound Judgment
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Trustworthiness & Ethics
- Organizational Skills
Desired Education and Experience
- Associate degree required with comparable experience in a related field. Bachelor degree desired.
- Experience working with vulnerable adults. Previous guardianship or conservatorship experience preferred.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Demonstration of sound judgement and clear and concise communication.
- A valid driver's license, acceptable driving record and proof of auto insurance is required.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
Full-time Guardian - Region 5 (Cass, Crow Wing, Wadena, Morrison and Todd counties) - with flexible scheduling during the workday depending on caseload. Occasional evening work may be required as job duties demand. Travel throughout the service region will be common. The Guardian/Conservator will participate in an on-call rotation to address emergency client needs after hours and on weekends.
Competitive salary, benefits package, mileage reimbursement agreement and an office from home agreement.
Email resume, cover letter and references to Reva Van Vleet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepting applications until the position is filled.