Grades 2-4 Resource Teacher
Assist classroom teachers in grades 2-4 as needed. Work one on one with students, review work, read and assist, as requested by the classroom teacher.
- Exhibit competence in age appropriate instructional methods and knowledge of subject matter being taught.
- Implement good classroom management techniques.
- Work together and maintain a collegial atmosphere in and out of the classroom.
- Operate a computer, printer, and other technology to provide for effective student learning.
- Communicate effectively with parents, staff, administrator, and the parish community.
- Keep supervisor and others appropriately informed.
- Recognize and maintain confidentiality.
- Plan, organize, and meet deadlines.
- Follow instructions and complete tasks within appropriate timelines.
- Manage and maintain a classroom of students effectively.
Education and Experience: Minimum one year of experience in working one-on-one with children in an elementary classroom setting. Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills. Pass required background check, complete required initial training and maintain current Essential 3 (E3) requirements of the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This position shall not exceed 20 hours per week at a rate of $12.50 per hour. This position is not benefit eligible. Resource teacher will work four hours per day, Monday through Friday. Please note, this position is in a Catholic school. The interventionist must be flexible with their schedule due to program practices and other student obligations throughout the school year.
Environment & Physical Demands
Fulfill total commitments of the educational program and other activities of the school year. Move around a room for long periods of time. Speak, see, hear, be aware of student behavior and respond to students at all times. Lift and carry up to 30 pounds using proper lifting and carrying techniques. Walk up and down stairs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Send resume, cover letter and three letters of recommendation to Michelle Wang, Education Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted through December 3, 2021.