The Education Manager is responsible for coordinating student programs/conferences, creating and facilitating educational networks, and developing and implementing other educational training. The Education Manager must possess technology skills that allow for adaptability in program and training settings: including face-to-face, virtual, and hybrid.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, develop, and implement engaging, age-appropriate student programs, aligning with state standards.
- Design, plan and facilitate teacher training and educational networks for a variety of educational professionals.
- Communicate to schools, teachers, presenters and volunteers representing a variety of ages and backgrounds in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with current and prospective program partners and other organizations.
- Support quality programming through effective communication, program monitoring, and evaluation.
- Perform additional tasks and special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Offer excellent customer service to our members, customers, partners, and staff.
- Maintain knowledge of research and developments within education.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience within a K-12 education setting.
- Thorough understanding of pedagogy and best practices within education.
- Proficient in the use of G-Suite applications and online learning platforms.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Creative analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently; individually and as a team member.
- Ability to show initiative in resolving problems.
- Ability to assume responsibility, be well organized, execute initiatives from directives and approved self-initiatives.
- Ability to build open, honest and trustworthy relationships with people of various personality styles and behaviors - internally and externally.
- Ability to function cooperatively as a member of the Resource team.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and customer service-based manner at all times.
- Proficiency in adapting to new software and digital tools.
- Experience with group facilitation.
- Ability to adapt to and work with a variety of school contexts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in elementary or secondary education
- Current Minnesota teaching license
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience
- Valid MN Driver’s License
Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some office organization and event set-up/tear-down is required. This would require the ability to move and lift 30 lbs., stand for extended periods of time and carry items a short distance as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but occasional evening events and travel within the region is expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay Range: Salary and benefits commensurate upon experience.
Application Closing Date: July 17, 2020
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and two reference letters to Michelle Wang, Education Director, email@example.com. (320) 225-3236.