Career & Technical Education (CTE) Manager
The Career and Technical Education Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of regional career and technical education programs and services. This includes coordinating student programs/conferences, creating and facilitating educational networks, and developing and implementing other educational training. The CTE Manager must possess technology skills that allow for adaptability in program and training settings: including face-to-face, virtual, and hybrid.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Develop or enhance existing career exploration student opportunities, including integrating concepts into elementary and middle schools
- Design, plan and facilitate teacher training and educational networks for a variety of CTE educational professionals
- Promote career-connected learning and pathway opportunities within the district, consortium, and local communities
- Communicate to schools, teachers, presenters, and volunteers representing a variety of ages and backgrounds in a timely and effective manner
- Grow and manage a regional portal that connects education and industry
- Support businesses in preparing for and executing effective teacher externships
Develop and cultivate relationships with current and prospective program partners and other organizations
- Lead an advisory committee with industry and district partners
- Participate in a state-wide service cooperative CTE Consortium
- Perform additional tasks and special projects on an as-needed basis
- Offer excellent customer service to our members, customers, partners, and staff
- Maintain and grow best practice knowledge of career-connected learning and pathway development.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience within a K-12 education setting
- Thorough understanding of pedagogy and best practices within education
- Proficient in the use of G-Suite applications and online learning platforms
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Creative analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently; individually and as a team member
- Ability to assume responsibility, be well organized, execute initiatives from directives and approved self-initiatives
- Ability to build open, honest, and trustworthy relationships with people of various personality styles and behaviors – internally and externally
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and customer service-based manner at all times
- Proficiency in adapting to new software and digital tools
- Experience with group facilitation
- Ability to adapt to and work with a variety of school contexts
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field
Current Minnesota teaching license
Minimum of three years experience working in schools
Valid MN Driver’s License
Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional hybrid office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some office organization and event set-up/tear-down is required. This would require the ability to move and lift 30 lbs., stand for extended periods of time and carry items a short distance as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but occasional evening events and travel within the region is expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Send resume, cover letter, and three letters of recommendation to Michelle Wang, Education Director, email@example.com.