Academic Challenge Coordinator
The Academic Challenge Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the junior and senior high knowledge bowl programs for the region, as well as the regional spelling bee.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule and coordinate regular-season meets for all participants for both junior high and senior high knowledge bowl teams.
- Coordinate sub-region and region tournaments for senior high knowledge bowl teams.
- Collaborate with other coordinators throughout the state.
- Organize and coordinate the regional spelling bee, including communication with school coordinators, organizing volunteers, and facilitating the bee.
- Technical Capacity - skilled with G Suite applications
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Collaboration skills
- Communication Proficiency - both written and verbal
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in elementary or secondary education
- Current Minnesota teaching license
- Minimum of five years of teaching experience
- Valid MN Driver’s License and a safe driving record
- Knowledge Bowl experience preferred
Environment & Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This is largely a sedentary role; however, office organization and event set-up/tear-down is required. This would require the ability to move and lift 30 lbs., stand for extended periods of time and carry items a short distance as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a stipend-based position. Primary job responsibilities run August through March, with an estimated 375-400 hours of work time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Pay Range: $15,000
Application Closing Date: July 17, 2020
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter and two reference letters to Michelle Wang, Education Director, email@example.com. (320) 225-3236.